National Youth Service Corps ( NYSC) management has made it compulsory for every corps member to present a medical report before s/he will be admitted into the camp. This is a preventive measure taken by the management to avoid casualties during the training at the camp as was witnessed at batch B 2016 where three corps member died after brief illnesses, and to give appropriate treatment to persons with special conditions.
Below are steps you may take to obtain a medical report:
- Go to a trusted hospital. If your school has a teaching hospital, that is just the perfect place to go.
- Follow the hospital’s protocol for opening a file if you don’t already have one with the hospital.
- Go to the hospital’s laboratory and ask for a medical checkup.
- Do everything you are asked to do. It won’t hurt, I promise.
- See the doctor for further tests.
- Come back later for the results.
- Take the result with you to the camp.
That’s it. Isn’t it just simple?