Graduate WASH Officer – Sanitation Marketing at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
WASH Officer – Sanitation Marketing
About the Company
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position above:
- The position is based in Borno State and directly supervised by the Sector Manager-WASH.
- The WASH Officer conducts detailed and evidence based research study on sanitation marketing, identify and train community volunteers and local artisans on WASH activities.
Task and Responsibilities
- Develop sanitation marketing strategy and maintain regular contact with various stakeholders.
- Conduct community mobilization on sanitation marketing related activities.
- Collaborate with consultant on market survey, identify goals and develop a market plan.
- Organize meetings with community members to develop their knowledge in terms of the approach.
- Inform and sensitize the communities on WASH program implementation.
- Identification and sensitization of local artisans on various designs and construction.
- Develop inventory of trained artisans in each community including participating in vendors’ selection.
- Support the implementation of CLTS in the various communities in relation to sanitation marketing.
- Collaborate with community mobilizers in the implementation of behaviour change communication strategy in relation to sanitation marketing.
- A degree in Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building, Social Science, Public Health and other related fields.
- Minimum of I year relevant working experience in implementing CLTS and sanitation marketing.
- Excellent organization and reporting skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (Auto CAD, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Be fluent in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.