CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD JAMB UTME 2018 PRACTICE SOFTWARE
Graduate Private Office Administrative Assistant and Support (Political Section) at the British High Commission (BHC)
Private Office Administrative Assistant and Support to Political Section (15/17 ABJ) – Internal Campaign
Company Profile: The British Government
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer, who places value on the diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination, with the goal of enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position above:
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Main Purpose of Job
- This is an interesting and varied job working in the High Commissioner’s Private Office in the heart of the British High Commission.
- The main focus is providing an excellent level ofadministrative support to the Private Office; in addition you will also provide support to the wider Political section and support the Executive Assistant to the High Commissioner and the PA to the Deputy High Commissioner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Sorting official correspondence and drafting replies.
- Assisting with receiving, dealing with and prioritising meeting requests from both internal and external stakeholders in consultation with the EA/HC and PA/DHC.
- Liaising with the visa section on visa requests from external contacts.
- Collaborating with the High Commissioner’s EA and Deputy High Commissioner’s PA to manage the combined activity and output of the HC and DHC, including diary coordination, internal communications and liaison with the Residence Manager.
- Covering for EA/ HC and PA/ DHC during leave absences.
- Management of British High Commission phone list and contacts lists for other Missions and Government departments.
Diplomatic Bags and Customs Clearance:
- Overseeing the sending and receiving of UK and Lagos diplomatic bag.
- Assisting with the sorting and distributing UK diplomatic bag.
- Arranging clearance paperwork for diplomatic bags.
Political Section and General Support:
- Providing general support to Political team.
- Drafting official Note Verbal’s to Government Institutions.
- Assist with setting up calls, meetings and events when required by Political Section.
- Booking of transport for Deputy High Commissioner and Political Section.
- Administrative support for inward visits to Nigeria
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Previous office experience, with strong IT and organisational skills.
- The ability to speak and write in clear, correct, jargon free English
- The successful candidate will need to be flexible and able to work unsupervised to keep on top of the workload and changing priorities. Good interpersonal skills will be essential as the jobholder will need to build close and effective working relationships with colleagues from across the High Commission, the FCO, and with Nigerian officials
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other benefits and Conditions of Employment
- Employment will be subject to obtaining the appropriate security clearance. Please note that only nationals of UK, EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand are likely to meet this requirement.
Starting Monthly Salary
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-frameworkPlease note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.