Graduate Maintenance Instrument Technician at SABmiller Plc
Maintenance Instrument Technician
Reference Number: SAB-353
About the Company
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position above:
- Opportunities exist in International Breweries Plc, Ilesa for the position of Instrument Technician, Maintenance, reporting to the Process Control Engineer.
- The incumbent will maintain, calibrate and repair equipment, optimize plant and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Instrument Technician will:
- Maintain, repair and optimize plant and associated instrumentation devices.
- Locate plant, equipment, spares and relevant documentation / systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Continuously improve (optimize) plant, process equipment and systems
- Operate plant and process equipment
- Calibrate equipment according to good maintenance practice standards
- Ensure all work is carried out using the Voyager Plant Optimization principles and practices
- Comply with safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation
- Maintain a safe, healthy and risk free working environment
- Contribute to self and tem development
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- B.Sc/B.Eng/B.Tech/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Electronics Engineering
- 1 – 2 years hands-on experience
- Siemens S7 PLC Training
- Experience in routine electrical and instrumentation maintenance on similar Brewing and utilities plants.
- Good knowledge of instrumentation and control processes and technologies
- Good understanding of modern practices and maintenance system
- Systemic and analytical problem solver
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online