Graduate Junior Software Developer at DealDey Limited
Junior Software Developer
About the Company
DealDey Limited is the first E-commerce company in Nigeria and the fastest growing E-commerce company in Africa. DealDey Limited is a daily deals company, providing best discount deals on products and services across the federation.
In line with attracting the best, brightest and most suitable talent to join the Information Technology(Development) Team, DealDey has commence its annual recruitment for graduate to join this department in building a world class Technology through Software Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position above:
Purpose of the Job
- As a Junior Software Developer, you will work alongside other developers in order to maintain our current applications and also implement new features
- The ideal candidate must be a fast learner and interested in keeping up with relevant tech trends for continuously improving quality of work and our products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Write unit and integration test.
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshooting and debugging.
- Evaluate existing mobile applications to reprogram, update and add new features.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 1+ years of experience in at least one backend language and framework e.g. Ruby and Rails, Node.js and Express, PHP and Laravel etc.
- Experience with Git.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Oral and written communication skills
- A fast learner.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Turn Around Time on development work
- Speed of Learning and Growth
- % Task Completion Rate
- % Accuracy in programming
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume with a detailed Cover Letter to: email@example.com the job title as the e-mail subject.
- An Online/Attached portfolio is also required. Applications with no portfolio will be disregarded
- Please include a link to your portfolio in your application.
- Applications with incorrect e-mail references will not be reviewed
- This recruitment process will be completed within 2 weeks of the closing date of the advert. If you have not been contacted within this period, please assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted for interviews.