Graduate Information and Communications Technology Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Information and Communications Technology Assistant
About the Company
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position above:
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State and reports to the Information and Communications Technology Officer.
- The Information and Communications Technology Assistant provides support to the implementation of Action Against Hunger programs by ensuring that Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission has well maintained, up-to-standard IT, HF/VHF radio, satellite, internet, mobile phone and GPS equipment.
- The ICT Assistant will also support in the maintenance and troubleshooting of the ICT hardware, software, networks and peripheries.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the ICT Officer to ensure that Servers and other network resources are installed and configured for the respective users.
- Participate in the delivery of energy backup system (inverter, UPS) for the ICT equipment for his/her base.
- Serve as the Local Area Network administrator for the base and monitor users’ access to the Network and all its resources.
- Ensure smooth operation of all HF/VHF radios for the base.
- Provide technical advice on CCTV operations to the base security manager when required.
- Supports the M&E team to ensure effective use/function of the ODK phones and other devices.
- Troubleshoot all ICT related problems with the ODK phones, cash transfer devices and traders’ devices are attended to within the shortest possible time.
- Ensure the stability of internet service for the base and the sub-base and when necessary.
- Monitor the performance of all internet service and effective use of the internet bandwidth.
- Ensure compliance with Action Against Hunger with IT policy.
- Bachelor’s degree/Higher National Diploma in Information Technology/ Engineering; Telecommunications, Computer Science.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position.
- Professional certification such as MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA is preferable.
- Previous experience working for NGOs is an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
- Possess excellent attention to details.
- Excellent communication ability including outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online