Graduate Credit Officer at the Initiative for Education & Development (IDEE)
Graduate Credit Officer
About the Company
Initiative for Education & Development (IDEE) is a Non-Governmental Organization implementing social development programmes to support poverty reduction, sustainable livelihoods and human capacity development with project offices in Abuja, Abeokuta & Damaturu.
Initiative for Education & Development (IDEE) – Financial Inclusion and Empowerment (IDEE – FINER) programme seeks to promote, restore and maximize the comfort of small scale businesses, functioning in communities through increasing access of women to affordable loans and also enlightening them through strategic capacity building programs. This programme works with groups and group leaders to mobilize communities in the catchment area to accept and make use of micro-credit services that will lead to identifying community members need and support.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position above:
Waru community and Environs, FCT, Abuja
Programme Officer, IDEE
- We require a Credit Officer in Initiative for Development and Education (IDEE) – Financial Inclusion and Empowerment (FINER) programme. You will remain part of the Programme team and admin staff.
Your responsibilities are not but limited to the following;
- Report to and work closely with the Programme Officer of IDEE
- Facilitate the collection of loans on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Monitor members and loans and not compromise standards for bank books, bank reconciliation and other services.
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial reports
- Initiate and facilitate financial inclusion strategies, financial products and services
- Conduct due diligence and risk assessments on members
- Track cash management between group leaders and members
- Conduct financial literacy, business development and money management
- Facilitate non-financial service and capacity building activities in the community
- Submit to PO timely informative reports, summarising progress made in implementation of activities, lessons learnt, and recommendations for improvement including ad hoc reports and human interest stories that may be needed towards outputs and objectives of the Women’s Empowerment Programme (WEP)
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to
- Support the identification of potential new and better-fit approaches that can be developed and piloted in FINER.
- First degree in Accounting, Social Sciences, Humanities or Sciences
- Committed to IDEE’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Knowledge and understanding of working with Community-Based Organizations
- Experience in the development space and a project management certification are an added advantage
- She/he must have up to 1-2 years experience in Project Cycle Management and managing organizational resources with excellent analytical professional report writing capacity.
- Proven track record of financial management, capacity building/training for stakeholders including at community level and for local institutions
- Solid knowledge and understanding of community-based approaches to development and Micro-credit scheme
- A team player, analytical thinker, innovator and strategic thinker
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, and prioritization skills
- Strong facilitation, diplomatic, and interpersonal skills
- Good command of writing in English
- Excellent communication and team-working skills with the ability to build good relations, both internally and externally
- Good computer knowledge with command of MS Office packages
- Ability to facilitate training to community-based organizations
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse and performance related environment
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Gender and intercultural sensitivity
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Positive outlook and stand-alone disposition
- Adaptable and responsive disposition relative to the demands and development of the project
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
27th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates with experiences and skills that fits this role, please send one-page cover letter and CV’s Address it to the “Programme Manager Initiative for Education & Development (IDEE)”, Tudun-wada, Lugbe, via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- IDEE is an equal opportunities organization, women and other marginalized groups are particularly encouraged to apply.