Graduate CCCM Assistant at the Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for candidates to fill the position above
About the Job
- This position falls under the direct management of ACTED’s CCCM Team Leader and CCCM Program Manager
- ACTED’s CCCM Assistant will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life.
- This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp.
- The CCCM Assistant will assist the CCCM officers/CCCM Database assistant in camp activities such as camp committee creation, surveys and assessments, assisting in data collection, leading outreach campaigns.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Implement CCCM activities as requested by the CCCM Officer, Team Leader and PM such as but not limited to:
- Assisting in all aspects of the creation and monitoring of camp committees
- Assisting in carrying out assessments and surveys within the site
- Orienting incentivized labour hired from within the camp
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Spearheading outreach campaigns in the camp and ensuring that information is being properly conveyed and circulated to the camp community
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s CCCM Officer, Team Leader and Camp Management Program Manager.
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Essential Qualifications and Experience
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Completion of University Degree in Database, Humanities, Social Studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Contract length: 3 Months
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.