Leaving out whether Nigerian youths are unemployable or not, it’s no news that the economic situation in Nigeria as we speak is nothing close to an enviable condition, coupled with the non-smiling situation of the ‘street’, which makes life not to be so friendly with many graduates. Does this bespeak that one should continue waiting till a well-paying job comes along? NO!!! Staying idle, doing nothing is not just dangerous but also risky for any young man or woman in our society today! The language therefore is…Hustle! Hustle!! Hustle hard!!!
MAKE MILLIONS MONTHLY DOING SIMPLE EMAIL MARKETING TASKS ON FIVERR - CHECK HERE
Many fresh graduates who previously thought life was a chilling zone during their undergraduate days are now becoming more realistic after being countered by the harsh realities of living without a job in a developing country like Nigeria where the citizens hardly enjoy any meaningful welfare package.
If you think there is someone out there who doles out money like the chief of a rich gang, better wake up, dust your ass and forge ahead!
Meanwhile, below are What Unemployed Graduates Can Do To Survive In Nigeria and take care of your pressing and immediate needs:
- Customizing Shirts For People: You can generate some active income through this means. Buy shirts in bulk; especially, Golf and Polo shirts and customize them with the names of family members, friends, neighbours, church members and some notable figures in your neighbourhood who you are friendly with. When people see their names already crested on the shirts, they won’t have any other option than to buy, especially, when they have the cash. Since you are buying in bulk, you can buy the shirts for 800-1000Naira each and sell for 2.5k or 3k. You can be making a profit of 1.5k for every shirt you sell!, sounds nice? . Take note that you will pay the person who customizes the shirts but still know it is cheaper when you customize in bulk. But if you really want to break the market, learn how to do the customization yourself.
- Private Lesson/Tutoring: Dem say na ‘bros I dey shame, bros I dey shame na e make guy man turn to beggar o! It should be better if you possess teaching experience or have a strong passion for teaching. You can talk to family members, friends, acquaintances, church members, etc, that are in the teaching field to connect you to parents who want private home lesson teachers for their children. Some parents pay up to 15k per child while others pay up to 10k!!! Sometimes, you teach 3 children for 20k-25k!!! If you have up to 3 or 4 different families who you teach their kids, do you know how much that is? You could be making up to 70k every month! Some bankers can’t even boast of that as their monthly salary. Take note please: If you don’t have passion for teaching or you are not sound upstairs, please don’t do this so that you don’t end up turning an already poor-performing child to a complete Olodo
- Become A Freelance Marketer: You must not own a business or be a producer before you market stuffs. You can earn money as a freelance marketer for other people’s products and get commission for your services. You would still have time to focus on other areas of your life since the establishments whose products you market did not directly employ you so cannot tie you down. You can liase with school owners during long holidays and win students over to their schools through oral personal adverts and practical demonstrations as new session begins for a particular fee.
- Become A Freelance Property Agent: You do not need any start-up fee or an office whatsoever for this one. Just famz big registered and trusted property agencies and estate managers by bringing clients such as land buyers and people looking for accommodation. You can advertise this service using sign-posts or digital banners, placed in strategic places such as busy street and road junctions, making sure your contacts are boldly displayed. If any deal clicks, there’s a certain percentage you collect from the estate managers/housing agents based on agreement. You see, you don’t even need to move about like Johnny Walker cheesy. All you do is act like a sales person or a middle man that brings the clients to the agents. Smartness pays!!!
- Learn Programming And Web Development: This is meant to be a no-brainier because programming is one of the professional things you can do without being dependent on anybody. If you have these skills and you are really good at it, people who need your service will surely come around and pay you big.
These are the Things Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria Should Know.