Building the ranking on the cumulative performance of students in the 2014 Bar Final Examinations of the Nigerian Law School, the Faculty of law, University of Ilorin was ranked number one in the country by the Council of Legal Education. Sounds questionable or worthy? It’s left to you to ruminate on.
An ad-hoc committee was set up to assess the performance of students at the August 2014 Bar Final Examination and this ranking followed the report submitted by them.
According to the report, the top five universities in terms of law in the country are;
- University of Ilorin : Topping the chart is a University in South Western Nigerian that keeps on showing they are the force to reckon with in Nigerian education.
- University of Lagos : Well known University in Nigeria and a major player in Nigerian Tertiary Education. Known to have produced a lot of prominent Nigerians, perhaps as result of the location, Lagos.
- University of Ibadan : Known for her seriousness in studies and have produced brilliant sets of students. One of the most study oriented Universities in Nigeria.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Uyo and Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko.
It was observed that the University of Ilorin and the University of Lagos have remained in the top five for the past 3 years.
Prof. AbdulGaniyu Ambali, the Vice Chancellor of the university, commended members of staff and students and described the achievement as a monumental feat.
According to him, the institution will not rest until it makes it to one of the top 10 universities in the world. That sounds like a fantasy though, but let’s wait and see.
LIST DISCLAIMER : This list was by no means released by Eduregard but by the Council of Legal Education which we are in no way affiliated to.
Any comment on this post is specifically for of from us and has nothing to do with the Council of Legal Education.
The list may change from time to time as the ranking is periodical. We will try to update the list or maybe post a new listing in any ranking updates depending on how big or small the ranking changes.