How To Stay Safe In The University’s Off Campus As A Fresher
As a new student planning to resume school any time soon, you must have started thinking of where to reside in school. Or let me say, you are completely confused on whether to stay in the school’s hostel or to live outside the school (Off Campus).
MAKE MILLIONS MONTHLY DOING SIMPLE EMAIL MARKETING TASKS ON FIVERR - CHECK HERE
You might have heard of many students talking about of how they enjoyed staying off campus, and I think this is tempting you to staying off-campus as well. To be honest, if you know your ways, living off-campus do come with wonderful experiences. To some students, off campus gives them freedom from campus rules and regulations.
I believed you must have heard of how terrible some school hostels could look like, how noisy and how completely the students’ ways of life are been regulated by the school authority. Despite all these, there are good reasons why you should never live off campus as a new student.
Inspite of all the discouragement with regards to staying off campus as a new student, there are some unavoidable reasons why you may need to stay in off campus. Such as:
1) Hostel Apartment Is Not Enough.
2) School Hostel Is Too expensive.
3) Your school Don’t Operate Student Hostel At All and
4) Many Other Reasons
Reasons Why I Write This Post
Whatever the reason that could make you decided on staying off campus, the aim of this blog post is to tell you how to stay safe in the University of Campus. I will use this post to tell you the major things you needed to do and consider for you to stay secured in off campus and perform well academically.
How to stay safe living University’s off campus As A New Student
Since you’ve decided to stay off campus, your security is now your responsibility. Your security is very important and most of the tips will talk more of your security.
Ok! Let Go…
1) Get Your Apartment Close To School: When I gained admission Into University Of Ilorin, I started by staying with my aunty in a very distanced place to school. Most times, I would have to wake up and start going to school around 6am, and in most cases, I never come back home till around 8pm. It was really stressful.
If you don’t want stress to disturb your academic performance, you just have to rent an apartment very close to the school gate where you can easily get cab to the campus and come back. That was what I later do, and was helpful.
2) Get The Best Roommate: Most times, freshers in desperation for an apartment outside the school do pair themselves with unknown bad students who will later corrupt them. Don’t be too desperate to get an apartment or renting a room with someone you don’t know in anyway.
Atleast, if you must rent house with someone you never know before, take some times to monitor them and know how they behave. This will safe you the stress of fighting and complaining when you started living together with a wayward students.
3) Rent A Comfortable Apartment With Basic Amenities: While I was in school, I’ve seen students living in an apartment without toilet, water, fence or light. They were lured into making payment by the landlord who promised to provide those things but never does.
Therefore, you have to be very careful in your selection of where you want to rent. Make sure you know the kind of students living in that house, so that one day you will not be affected if they start their cult war. Or when police come to raid the apartment. Get an apartment close to the main road, its likely to be occupied by good and responsible students.
4) Don’t Be A Loner: Always develop the attitude of good neighborliness. Communicate with other students who are living around you. Don’t brag or over look others no matter how rich your parents are.
You never can tell when you will urgently need their help. Make sure you don’t always walk alone to avoid been ambushed and injured. Report had it that most of the students who walk alone do have a high probability of been rubbed or raped. Make sure you have the emergency security number of your school.
5) Don’t: Don’t smoke in your bedroom, you must not sleep with candles lit, don’t overload electrical outlets in your apartment, don’t keep bad off campus friends and make sure you get all the necessary things you needed for school as a new student.
With these tips, I hope you will be safe staying off campus.
All the best.
Uthman Saheed: An internet entrepreneur who finds pleasures in sharing educational tips at