You may qualify for a scholarship for an RNTC course. The most commonly used scholarship for our courses are the NFP and MSP (MENA) scholarships.
NFP stands for Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP), MSP stands for MENA (Middle East and North Africa) Scholarship Programme. NFP scholarships are available for 50 countries, MSP scholarships for 9 countries.
You can only apply for a scholarship for your chosen course during the ‘application window’ for that course. The current period to apply for an NFP scholarship is from May 31 until July 22, 2016. MSP applications will be possible later. We will announce the timeframe here and on our social media.
An NFP or MSP scholarship will cover the full cost of your travel and visa (if required), accommodation and meals, insurance, and the course fee. The NFP and the MSP scholarship programmes are funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and administered by Nuffic, the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education.
There are many more applications than there are scholarships available. Therefore, it is important that you meet all the RNTC criteria (see individual course pages) and the Nuffic criteria, which you can find below, on this page.
Apart from the RNTC course admission requirements, you need to meet the following requirements to be eligible for an NFP scholarship:
- You are a national and work in one of the following 50 countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Autonomous Palestinian Territories, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Colombia, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Macedonia, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe;
- You are not employed by a multinational corporation, a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, a bilateral or multinational donor organisation, or a large national and/or commercial organisation;
- You have an Employer’s Statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- You have an official and valid passport;
- You do not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- You have a Government Statement (only if applicable, please check this overview) that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established.
N.B. The NFP program has no age limit.