The Jim Ovia Scholarship was founded and funded by Mr. Jim Ovia since 1998, to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths. The scholarship was previously known as the MUSTE scholarship. The awardees are given funding for undergraduate study for the duration of the undergraduate program. The award includes tuition and maintenance allowance. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities every year. The Financial records show that as at October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested 100 Million Naira in the program on 1500 beneficiaries.
Applications are invited for:
(MUSTE)Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Student 2016
- To promote access to tertiary education
- To invest in the future leaders of Nigeria
- To provide a platform that encourages competitiveness and promotes equal opportunities in workplace
- To bridge the knowledge gap among Nigerian Youth
Eligibility and Criteria
- The scholarship is open to all potential students of Nigerian citizenship.
- One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at large to improve the lives of others.
(MUSTE)Jim Ovia Scholarship Application Guide
New and Renewing Applicants
- Completed online application
- Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License) Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID. The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
- An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following:
- Your full-name
- Course Title
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Original JAMB certificate
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
When the page opens Click on ‘LOG IN’ or ‘REGISTER NOW’ at top right hand corner of the homepage. Create a new account or login with your existing credentials if you already have a Jim Ovia Scholar Account.
Ensure to fill out all the data completely and accurately on your application.