Strength of Materials and Structures by John Case, Lord Chilver of Cranfield, Catl T.F. Ross
Strength of Materials and structures by John Case, Lord Chilver of Cranfield, Catl T.F. Ross book provides engineers with strength of materials fundamentals. This eBook has been expanded to cover everything on materials and structures that engineering students are likely to need. Starting with basic mechanics, the book goes on to cover modern numerical techniques such as matrix and finite element methods. In this book there is an additional material on composite materials, thick shells, flat plates and the vibrations of complex structures. Illustrated throughout with worked examples, the book provides numerous problems for students to develop problem solving skills.
Table of contents:
- Tension and compression: direct stresses
- Pin-jointed frames or trusses
- Shearing stress
- Joints and connections
- Analysis of stress and strain
- Thin shells under internal pressure
- Bending moments and shearing forces
- Geometrical properties of cross-sections
- Longitudinal stresses in beams
- Shearing stresses in beams
- Beams of two materials
- Bending stresses and direct stresses combined
- Deflections of beams
- Built-in and continuous beams
- Plastic bending of mild-steel beams
- Torsion of circular shafts and thin-walled tubes
- Energy methods
- Buckling of columns and beams
- Lateral deflections of circular plates
- Torsion of non-circular sections
- Thick circular cylinders, discs and spheres
- Matrix methods of structural analysis
- The finite element method
- Structural vibrations
Answers to further problems
MAKE MONEY ONLINE AS A STUDENT - CHECK HERE
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT US
– Put a smile on our face by liking us on FACEBOOK.
– Then top up the smile by following us on TWITTER.
– If you don’t mind, you can also follow us on GooglePlus
– And join our BBM Channel >>> C00278B12
– Help others by submitting a Guest Post, Material or Tutorial we don’t have.
– Share with friends using the share buttons below.
– Don’t hesitate to drop a review.
– Aaaaand what about subscribing for our updates?? Sounds juicy? Just drop your email in the subscription box below.