Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics by J.L. Meriam, L.G. Kraige
CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD JAMB UTME 2018 PRACTICE SOFTWARE
Book Title : Mechanics of Materials
Author(s) : Ferdinand P.Beer, E.Russell Johnston, John T. Dewolf David F.Mazurek
Publisher : McGraw hill
Edition : fifth
Pages : 818
Size : 22.9 MB
Book Description :
The fifth edition of Mechanics of Materials by Ferdinand P.Beer, E.Russel Johnston, John T. Dewolf David F. Mazurek maintains the spirit of its successful previous editions that have made this book standard in solid mechanics for over two decades. It provides a precise presentation of subject illustrated with numerous Engineering examples that help the students easily understand and related to theory and applications.
Salient Features :
- Exhaustive exposure to the analysis of the stresses and corresponding deformations in various structural members.
- Liberal use of free-body diagrams to determine external and internal forces.
- Unique style of presentation portrays a rare combination of scientific language, appropriate mathematical descriptions with logical flow of topics.
- Computer problems at the end of each chapter.
- Rich pool of Pedagogy includes:
- 176 solved problems
- 1498 exercise problems
- 72 computer problems
- 1686 figures
Table of Contents :
Chapter 1. Introduction- Concept of Stress
Chapter 2. Stress and Strain-Axial Loading
Chapter 3. Torsion
Chapter 4. Pure Bending
Chapter 5. Analysis and Design of Beams for Bending
Chapter 6. Shearing Stresses in Beams and Thin-Walled Members
Chapter 7. Transformers of Stress and Strain
Chapter 8. Principal Stresses under Given Loading Conditions
Chapter 9. Deflection of Beams
Chapter 10. Columns
Chapter 11. Energy Methods