Computational Fluid Dynamics The Basics with Applications by John D. Anderson
Book Title : Computational Fluid Dynamics The Basics with Applications
Author(s) : John D. Anderson
Publisher : Tata-Mcgraw Hill
Edition : first
Pages : 563
Size : 44 Mb
The Beginner’s guide to Computational Fluid Dynamics From aerospace design to applications in mechanical engineering. The most accessible introduction of its kind, Computational Fluid Dynamics: The Basics With Applications, by experienced aerospace engineer John D. Anderson, Jr., gives you a thorough grounding in: the governing equations of fluid dynamics their derivation, physical meaning, and most relevant forms; numerical discretization of the governing equations including grids with appropriate transformations and popular techniques for solving flow problems, common CFD computer graphic techniques; applications of CFD to 4 classic fluid dynamics problems quasi one dimensional nozzle flows, two dimensional supersonic flow, in-compressible couette flow and supersonic flow over a flat plate; state of the art algorithms and applications in CFD from the Beam and Warming Method to Second-Order Upwind Schemes and beyond.
Table of Contents:
I) Basic Thoughts and Equations
1) Philosophy of Computational Fluid Dynamics
2) The Governing Equations of Fluid Dynamics: Their Derivation, A Discussion of Their Physical Meaning, and A Presentation of Forms Particularly Suitable to CFD
3) Mathematical Behavior of Partial Differential Equations The Impact on Computational Fluid Dynamics
II) Basics of the Numerics
4) Basic Aspects of Discretization
5) Grids and Meshes, With Appropriate Transformations
6) Some Simple CFD Techniques A Beginning
III) Some Applications
7) Numerical Solutions of Quasi-One-Dimensional Nozzle Flows
8) Numerical Solution of A Two-Dimensional Supersonic Flow Prandtl-Meyer Expansion Wave
9) In compressible Couette Flow Numerical Solution by Means of an Implicit Method and the Pressure Correction Method
10) Supersonic Flow over a Flat Plate: Numerical Solution by Solving the Complete Navier-Stockes Equations.
IV) Other Topics
11) Some Advanced Topics in Modern CFD A Discussion
12) The Future of Computational Fluid Dynamics
Thomas’s Algorithm for the Solution of A Tridiagonal System of Equations References
MAKE MONEY ONLINE AS A STUDENT - CHECK HERE
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT US
– Put a smile on our face by liking us on FACEBOOK.
– Then top up the smile by following us on TWITTER.
– If you don’t mind, you can also follow us on GooglePlus
– And join our BBM Channel >>> C00278B12
– Help others by submitting a Guest Post, Material or Tutorial we don’t have.
– Share with friends using the share buttons below.
– Don’t hesitate to drop a review.
– Aaaaand what about subscribing for our updates?? Sounds juicy? Just drop your email in the subscription box below.