What time of year does Application Close?
The Opening Date is 2nd June, 2016 with application deadline in 31st August, 2016
Offered annually? Yes
Scholarship Name: International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) 2017 and Curtin Strategic International Research Scholarships (CSIRS)
Brief description: International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) is available to any international student wishing to undertake a Masters or Doctoral Degree by Research at Curtin University Australia in 2017.
Accepted Subject Areas? All courses offered at the University
About Scholarship: The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) is available to any international student wishing to undertake a Higher Degree by Research at Curtin in 2017. Course tuition fee for two years for a Masters by Research and three years for a Doctoral degree; and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the recipient and their dependants for the duration of the award.
The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) scheme was established to maintain and develop international research linkages and specifically aims to:
- attract top quality international postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the Australian higher education sector; and
- support Australia’s research effort.
Scholarship Type: Full Merit Postgraduate research scholarship
By what Criteria is Selection Made? Students who have commenced the degree for which the scholarship is being sought are ineligible to apply.
Who is qualified to apply? This award is open to citizens of an overseas country (excluding New Zealand). Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research capacity to suitably qualified overseas graduates eligible to commence a higher degree by research in 2017.
How Many Scholarship Positions are available? Six (6)
What are the benefits? The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship provides:
- course tuition fee for two years for a Masters by Research and three years for a Doctoral degree; and
- overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the recipient and their dependants for the duration of the award.
- In addition, all successful applicants will receive an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) valued at $26,288. This tax-free stipend is indexed annually.
Curtin Strategic International Research Scholarship (CSIRS) provides:
- course tuition fee for three years for a Doctoral degree; and
- basic single overseas health cover (OSHC) for the recipient; and
- a stipend equivalent to that of the APA valued at $26,288.00 (2016 value) per annum tax free for the duration of your study.
How long will sponsorship last? Two years for masters by research and three years for Doctoral degree
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (country): Curtin University, Australia
Eligible Fields of Study:
- IPRS: Candidates from any field of endeavour are welcome to apply.
- Strategic Research Areas for CSIRS (Applicants must be new future students intending to commence in Research Term 1, 2017 and their research proposals must be aligned with one of the areas listed below):
- Curtin Business School (CBS): Energy Economics , Sustainable tourism, Foreign Direct Investment and Multinational Enterprises, Luxury Branding
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Biosciences & Metabolic Health, Neurosciences & Behaviour, Rehabilitation and Exercise Sciences, Biosciences & Metabolic Health
- Faculty of Humanities: Sustainable Human Environments, Knowledge Innovation and Creative Economy
- Faculty of Science and Engineering: Geosciences, Chemical & Environmental Sciences, Physics and Astronomy, Mechanical & Chemical Engineering
How can I Apply? Visit the link below
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Sponsors: Curtin University Australia
Important Notes: Please refer to the Guidelines for Higher Degree by Research Candidates for information on entry requirements