Scholarships have unique effects and benefits and are the most desirable form of financial aid to Nigerian students, both undergraduates and postgraduates. Some are merit-based while some are awarded as recognition for certain achievements. Like grants, scholarships are not repaid coupled with the fact that scholarships are more prestigious and can enhance your purchasing power as well as help you pay for your education.
Enough introduction, here are some of the ways scholarships help Nigerian students :
- Financially : Scholarship aids is one of the means of making extra income as a student. This is the most known and preferred benefit of scholarships. Having known that Nigerian tertiary institutions have now widened their pocket, leading to a somewhat outrageous billing in terms of school fees and others. Getting a scholarship might help students beat the odds without worries.
- Educationally : By reducing financial worries or concerns, scholarships can also provide more time for studying and learning, which will invariably lead to better grades and sharp retention ability. You don’t expect an hungry man to concentrate while reading do you?
- Career Benefit : Earning a recognised and prestigious or merit-based scholarship can actually boost your career as it will make you a more attractive job candidate. Employers who understand the competitive nature of the scholarship will recognize it as an accomplishment by you and consider you ahead of other applicants.
- Personal Benefit : Earning a scholarship will make a big difference in your personal life. You tend to move with bigger and better set of people. And so far the money is there, you tend to have your personal properties, assets, so to say.
- Boost Your Dignity : Having known the competitive nature of the scholarship you got, people will look at you with respectful eyes. They will tend to chill around you and with this, you tend to have friends.
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK List Of Available Scholarships For Nigerian Undergraduates And PostGraduates
ENDEAVOUR TO POUR OUT YOUR MIND BY USING THE COMMENT BOX BELOW, CHEERS!!!