CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD JAMB UTME 2018 PRACTICE SOFTWARE
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is pleased to offer the Foreign Student’s Scholarship for Graduate Students to foreign students to attend a graduate school at a Japanese university. The scholarship is also known as Honjo International Graduate Scholarships. It is mainly provided to foreign students who study in Japanese graduate schools on the purpose of earning masters or doctoral degrees.
To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy all of the requirement criteria below:
- The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
- The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2017.
- To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1981. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1986.
- The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
he period of the Honjo International Scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree.
The student, once awarded the scholarship will be able to choose the option (1), (2) or (3) as below.
- ¥200, 000 per month for 1 or 2 years
- ¥180, 000 per month for 3 years
- ¥150, 000 per month for 4 or 5 years
Method of Application
Download the “Guidelines for Application” found on the official website, and check to see if you are eligible. Fill in the “ Online Application” to obtain your application number. Your Application Number will be sent automatically to your email address that you confirmed on the Web Application. Please make a note of the number as you will need the number when results are announced.
Download all the applications as found on the official webpage and fill in the forms out in Japanese. (If your name or your current address cannot be translated into Japanese, please write these down in English). Please make sure to write down your application number at the right corner of each form and send them to the Administration Office including all the required documents as stipulated in the “Guideline for Application”.
The deadline for submission of all applications is October 31, 2016
Access more information on this scholarship here