Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted between June 3 and July 18, 2016.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Germany
Brief description: The Bayer Fellowship Program targets students and apprentices in scientific and medical disciplines. Its goal is to support the next generation of researchers and teachers as they engage in “Science for a Better Life”.
Eligible Fields of Studies: Students and young professionals with up to 2 years of experience from the following fields:
- biology and molecular biology
- biotechnology and bioinformatics
- chemistry and biochemistry
- pharmacy and drug discovery
About the Award: The Carl Duisberg scholarships offer individual support to committed students and young professionals with 1 to 2 years of experience in the disciplines of human and veterinary medicine, medical science, health technology, public health and health economics.
The scholarship funds students of these subjects (until completion of the doctoral degree) and young professionals who have completed their degrees no longer than 2 years before, wishing to realise a particular project in Germany: a scientific project, a specific course, a medical traineeship, a clinical internship year or simply on-the-job training.
Candidates are required to have an excellent academic record and must submit a clearly defined project including a research proposal and a cost schedule as well as a confirmation by the host organisation that facilities are available. The level of support varies depending on the project. It is, however, generally sufficient to cover the living-, travel- and project costs.
Offered Since: Not known
Type: Postgraduate Degree
- All applicants should have a high level of commitment, dedication and an innovative project plan.
- Applications are invited from
- students and young professionals from Germany who wish to pursue a project abroad or
- students and young professionals from abroad who wish to pursue a project in Germany.
Number of Awardees: about 15 to 20 scholarships each year
Value of Scholarship: The financing generally covers the cost of living, travel expenses and project costs. Each applicant is asked to set up an individual cost schedule to be approved by the Foundation Council.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of course
How to Apply: The following application documents are required for the Carl Duisberg scholarship:
- Confirmation letter from host institute/university
- A description of the project (duration of 2-12 months) with financial plan within the timeline of September 2016 to August 2017. The project can consist of
special study courses, laboratory assignments, research projects, summer classes, internships, Master’s or PhD programs.
- Most recent transcripts
- Any additional documents that would enhance the application
- Photo (passport or job application photo)
Award Provider: The Bayer Fellowship Program