Ghent University a leading Belgian University With support from its “Special Research Fund” (BOF) is offering scholarships to Students who are citizens of developing counties., Who intend to undergo a research program in the institution.
This scholarship program is worth € 1.958 per month. The Ghent University promoter also receives a bench fee of €15.440 to cover (part of) the operational costs, as well as the travelling costs of the student and both the Ghent University and the local promoter.
– Applicants must be citizens of a developing country.
– Applicants must have completed their bachelors and masters degree program in any recognized institution.
– Applicants must have outstanding academic grades.
– Applicants must have applied or applying to Ghent University.
– Applicants must be able to work on the PhD project at the partner university in a selected developing country (South). This implies that there must be a local PhD supervisor at the partner university or research center.
The candidate applies to Ghent University jointly with a promoter of Ghent University and a supervisor at the local institution.
The promoter at Ghent University has to fill in a separate document called a promoter’s advice with advice on the candidate, stating the promoter’s opinion on the potential of the candidate as a future researcher.
The Research Council makes a selection of the applications based on the following:
i) the qualifications of the applicant;
ii) the doctoral project;
iii) the relevance of the research topic for development;
iv) the scientific/scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s);
v) the partnership between Ghent University and the local institute;
vi) the scientific/scholarly potential of the local institute.
Applications should be submitted electronically to application@Ugent.be
The application deadline for this scholarship program is on 7th March 2017.
For More Information Visit The Scholarship Webpage.